“An employee with access to the Secret Service’s Twitter account, who mistakenly believed they were on their personal account, posted an unapproved and inappropriate tweet,” Special Agent in Charge Edwin M. Donovan said in a statement to ABC News. “The tweet did not reflect the views of the U.S. Secret Service and it was immediately removed. We apologize for this mistake, and the user no longer has access to our official account.”
Yours truly captured a screen grab of the tweet seconds before it was deleted.
Well done, weatherbird!
- willtravel reblogged this from weatherbird and added:
- melissamontoya likes this
- natureandie likes this
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- thesmoo said: I don’t think there response matches the tweet, since it was traffic info. Or is the back up on 270 considered inappropriate? Which it is to commuters, but have they sat in it? Obviously a prepared statement for when something like this happens.
- hippygrungehipster likes this
- savagemike likes this
- therodentqueen likes this
- amandaballin likes this
- attentionlapsed reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- lorim reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- jankyphil reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- librarianpirate likes this
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- denverpost reblogged this from weatherbird and added:
- weatherbird likes this
- shortformblog reblogged this from weatherbird and added:
- shortformblog likes this
- shortformblog said: Great catch! I can already tell you’re going to be a great follow! :)
- weatherbird posted this