30 questions: So pot is legal in Colorado now. What comes next?
The passage and governor’s proclamation of Amendment 64 on Monday, which makes Colorado one of the first two states to legalize limited possession and sales of marijuana, has prompted a flood of questions about what happens now.
Denver Post reporter John Ingold fields 30 questions about what’s coming for Colorado with pot legalized. Some highlights:
- Wait, is pot really legal?
- Do I need a license or a registration to possess marijuana?
- So I can just smoke up wherever I want now?
- Can I grow marijuana in my backyard?
- I can be fired for using marijuana even if I wasn’t impaired on the job?
- So, we’re like the Amsterdam of the West now?